Associate of Science Degree: PHOTO VOLTAIC (PV) SOLAR INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
LATTC offers a series of courses for individuals interested in working in the field of solar energy. The courses enable individuals to be prepared to become certified by North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The solar courses have also obtained IREC and NABCEP approval. In addition, one of the courses--Fundamentals of Solar Electricity (ECONMT 105 —54 hours) -- prepares individuals to be able to take the NABCEP Photovoltaic (PV) Entry Level Certificate of Knowledge test. This Certificate program also prepares individuals and is required to successfully complete other renewable energy or energy efficiency Certificate of Achievement and degree programs at the college. As such, it serves as one of the “stackable” certificates in the renewable energy/energy efficiency certificate and degree pathway.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs)
Upon completion of the Degree program, students are able to:
• Use hand and power tools to perform solar (PV) installation and maintenances work.
• Demonstrate sustainable industry principles and practices.
• Perform calculations and measurements required for solar (PV) installation and maintenance work.
• Work independently and interdependently to safely accomplish shared professional outcomes.
• (Associate Degree Only): The General Education Portion teaches the skills and knowledge needed to intelligently participate in public discourse, analytical reading and expository writing, critical thinking and oral communication.
PHOTO VOLTAIC (PV) SOLAR INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
Associate in Science Degree (State Control Number: 31280)
Major Units: 42
Requirements for the Associate in Science degree in Photo Voltaic (PV) Solar Installation and Maintenance may be met by completing 38 units of Required and 6 units of elective Courses with a “C” or better along with general education courses meeting Plan B graduation requirements. Information on the Plan B requirements may be found in the catalog under Graduation/Transfer Requirements.
Read the Associate Handbook for further credentialing information.
Click on Provider link for class schedule, price & other details.
Course Format Options: In-Person
Length: 2 years
Qualifies for Associate Exam: Yes