40-Hours: Principles of Solar Photovoltaic System Design and Installation
This is the first course on the ImagineSolar training roadmap. Participants gain beginning to intermediate-level knowledge of solar PV system technologies, applications, design, installation, commissioning, operations and maintenance for grid-tied and off-grid systems.
In many ways, it is two courses in one since it includes lessons on batteries, controllers, and battery-based system sizing as well as grid-tied PV systems without batteries.
The course tuition includes the following:
• Textbook: Photovoltaic Systems, an American Technical Publishers, INC. publication; Author: James P. Dunlop, P.E.
• More than 57 videos and animations
• More than 220 exam questions
• Two spreadsheets that can be used for sizing PV systems
• More than 40 conversions and formulas
Read the Associate Handbook for further credentialing information.
Click on Provider link for class schedule, price & other details.
Course Format Options: Online, Hybrid
Length: 40 Hours
Qualifies for Associate Exam: Yes